How times have changed [was Sr. Developer ]

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Wed Feb 15 11:27:01 EST 2006

On Feb 14, 2006, at 22:30, Paul Lussier wrote:

> Wow, I remember when it wasn't possible to have 5 years experience in
> ...Wouldn't it suffice to require experience in the more recent
> versions?

I'm not saying it's the case here, but I've seen several times where an
organization needs a person but really has no idea what kind of person
to get (they usually fired the last one for personal reasons), HR will
request an inventory of current systems in use , and advertise a
laundry list, tacking on "5 years" to everything.

I really doubt the Oasis group is clueless, and even if they were Greg
would filter that, but prospective applicants might see this job
posting as one of the above.  So from a 'marketing for new employees'
perspective it might be wise to craft it a bit differently.  If this
_is_ just a laundry list for recruiters to use for qualifying then
that's different.

-Bill
-----
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/