[OT] Locating source of FM radio interference

Andrew W. Gaunt quantum at lucent.com
Fri Feb 17 09:48:01 EST 2006

A google search for 89MHz reveals below. Gotta wonder if a fellow geek in
the area is hacking a linux box and leaving running in the open air
(no case). :-\

Can you record the audio and make a wav file? Someone on this list might
be able recognize the 'noise' and narrow the search for its potential
source.

http://www.anandtech.com/printarticle.aspx?i=1384

Finally, the BX chipset has been around for quite some time and was not
originally intended to be used in conjunction with a 133MHz front side
bus. As a result, there is no 1/2 multiplier for the AGP bus (although
there is a magical 1/4 multiplier for the PCI bus). As a result, the BX
benchmarks listed in the forthcoming pages are somewhat misleading
because the AGP bus is actually running at 89MHz while the other two
boards are running at 66MHz. The 89MHz bus translates to 712MB/s of
bandwidth, a 34% increase over the 533MB/s of "standard" AGP 2X. Note
that AGP 4X yields a peak transfer rate of 1.06GB/s. For further
discussion on AGP standards and performance considerations, see our
article <http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1250&p=4> on BX
chipsets at 133MHz FSB speeds. We don't consider this to be a major
problem, however, as this is still a common setup for gamers wishing to
stick with their current BX boards, enjoy the extra performance with
minimal overclocking, or take advantage of the tried and true nature of
the chipset. Further, most cards work fine at 89MHz. The only exception
that comes to mind is Matrox's new G450
<http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1315>.