[Gnhlug-jobs] [JOBS] Sr. Developer (Python + PHP) at Standards Org. in Billerica, MA

Fred puissante at lrc.puissante.com
Mon Feb 20 08:27:13 EST 2006

On Tuesday 14 February 2006 20:57, Ben Scott wrote:
> On 2/14/06, Martin Ekendahl <mekendahl at hardlined.com> wrote:
> >> You know, yesterday I was going to post a snarky comment about the
> >> "Junior Developer" posting that had requirements as long as my arm ...
> >
> >... that job posting put me in my place!
>
>   Don't forget, your average want ad usually describes qualifications
> that God couldn't meet, but the actual hiring process will typically
> compromise to something like "Does candidate walk upright?"  ;-)
>
> -- Ben

I got sick of those games long ago. So now I have elected to remain
independent.

I know in the past such arcane requirements were posted due to H1B games. The
feds require you to attempt to find a native with the same qualifications,
so the company will, to keep their key candidate, post requirements so
lengthy and convoluted that no one BUT their desired H1B key person could
possibly fill the bill.

-Fred
 Diogenes with his lamp, looking for an honest man...