[Gnhlug-jobs] [JOBS] Sr. Developer (Python + PHP) at Standards Org. in Billerica, MA

Dan Jenkins dan at rastech.com
Mon Feb 20 10:27:00 EST 2006

Fred wrote:

>I know in the past such arcane requirements were posted due to H1B games. The
>feds require you to attempt to find a native with the same qualifications,
>so the company will, to keep their key candidate, post requirements so
>lengthy and convoluted that no one BUT their desired H1B key person could
>possibly fill the bill.
>
>-Fred
> Diogenes with his lamp, looking for an honest man...

Never attribute to malice, that which can be explained by stupidity.
Never attribute to stupidity, that which can be explained by lack of
information.

As I've been independent the last three decades, I haven't needed to
deal with that sort of employment stuff. I have had to deal with
comparable other bureaucratic idiocies, however, such as trying to
explain to a purchasing department why I did not need a MSCE to work on
their AIX systems. (It was on their requirements list for IT
subcontractors.)

About the Connecticut city which began every PO with "Your solution will
be an IBM 5150 with these characteristics..." even when ordering printer
ribbons, the less said the better. (I never did figure out how to modify
an IBM XT to be a printer ribbon.) :-)

--
Dan Jenkins (dan at rastech.com)
Rastech Inc., Bedford, NH, USA --- 1-603-206-9951