Printing man pages

Seth Cohn sethcohn at gnuhampshire.org
Tue Feb 21 20:50:01 EST 2006

On 2/21/06, Jon maddog Hall <maddog at li.org> wrote:
> I appreciate the methods given to me to burn up my laser printer, or
> empty my pocket buying really expensive ink cartridges just to get thousands
> of sheets of loose pages (typically single-sided) printed and flying around
> my office.
>
> However, what I was alluding to was the nicely printed and bound manuals that
> I used to get when my company paid $1200 for my Unix documentation set.

http://www.printfu.org/
will print a PDF "print them double sided, bind them using a comb
binder (or 3 hole drill if the document contains more than 700 pages).
We then ship the manual the same day. Delivery date is usually 2-3
days"

Price is reasonable:
1000 pages is $28.50
500 is $16 (and that would be comb-bound)

Kinkos and other services are likely more, but another option.

You can get PDFs of most man pages and more at a variety of places
(google is your friend) or just compile a custom mix of them yourself.

For history: http://cm.bell-labs.com/7thEdMan/bswv7.html