Homework problems (was: extract string)

Brian gnhlug at karas.net
Tue Jan 10 19:10:00 EST 2006

Our country, as a whole, has never really "depended" on the cheaters and
slackers (we'll skip the shooting-fish-in-a-barrel political jokes here).
Those are the people that are sweeping our hallways, hanging bumpers on the
assembly lines, etc.

Our country participates in the World Economy, we trend toward the solutions
that provide the best cost/performance ratio, often looking globally for the
answer.

Our justice system was founded on the idea that "It is better to let 1000
guilty men go free than to convict 1 innocent man".  On a Linux/FOSS
oriented list, newsgroup, etc, I would rather answer 1000 homework
questions, than risk alienating 1 potential comrade.

And, as we've come to find out, the OP was simply asking a legitimate
question that merely appeared "homeworky".  I don't have enough time to be
that judgmental and concerned about the impact on the freedom of our country
because someone is too lazy to do their own homework.  Ask a question of me,
if I can I'll answer it, if I can't, I'll try to point you in the right
direction.  If you get Extra Credit for my answer, then you owe me a dollar,
you can paypal it to: brk at karas.net

:)