Why I Dislike Sagonet

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Fri Jan 20 10:38:01 EST 2006

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 09:19:30AM -0500, Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> I can only offer that I would never, ever, ever advise anyone purchase a
> Sagonet server. I can write up my experiences if people so desire, but
> it's a sad tale.

I'm feeling prolific today, so I've written up my complaints to the
WebHostingTalk forum, who I highly recommend for relatively accurate (if
occasionally slanted) feedback from the people "in the trenches": a lot
of the support staff for the webhosts reads these forums and responds.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=479355
What finally pushed me over the edge.

http://forums.sagonet.com/showthread.php?p=15756#post15756
Remote reboot ports, lies, and Support tickets.
(Which is similar to, but not the same as, sex, lies and videotape.)

--
Christopher Schmidt
Web Developer