Blogging software

Fred puissante at lrc.puissante.com
Tue Jan 24 09:05:01 EST 2006

On Monday 16 January 2006 09:01, Cole Tuininga wrote:
> Hi all, I'm looking for another software suggestion.
> - Web based (no having to ssh in to update a blog entry or anything)
> - Simple to use
> - Lightweight (not looking for a *nuke type application)
> - Usable by low bandwidth connections
>
> Any suggestions?

Check out Drupal:

http://drupal.org/

This is hardly "lightweight", but it is web-based, highly configurable, and
runs on PHP4/5.

I am currently in the process of integrating it with my operation. Has nice
collaborative features and extensive user permission control. I am intending
to use this to eliminate my clients' need to use Dreamweaver or Front Page
to manage their websites.

Check it out -- maybe it will fit your needs. If not, it's worth knowing
about. Pretty straightforward to set up, and should work well with low
bandwidth situations.

-Fred