Blogging software

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Tue Jan 24 09:14:01 EST 2006

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 09:04:49AM -0500, Fred wrote:
> On Monday 16 January 2006 09:01, Cole Tuininga wrote:
> > Hi all, I'm looking for another software suggestion.
> > - Web based (no having to ssh in to update a blog entry or anything)
> > - Simple to use
> > - Lightweight (not looking for a *nuke type application)
> > - Usable by low bandwidth connections
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> Check out Drupal:

One thing that you should keep in mind with both Drupal and Wordpress is
that they require an arcane level of knowledge of their internals in
order to get anything done codewise. Don't expect to open either of them
up and hack in them without spending a decent amount of time figuring
out how they work.

Drupal takes the "take everything out, make it all work via hooks"
method, whereas Wordpress takes the "We don't care about the readability
or usability of the code: just make it work" tack.

Neither of them work that well for creating easy-to-hack code, imho.

--
Christopher Schmidt
Web Developer