Gasp. Am I getting old and stupid?

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Fri Jul 7 10:52:00 EDT 2006

On Jul 7, 2006, at 9:29 AM, Steven W. Orr wrote:

> Does anyone know what else gasp used to provide that's not here?

Googling brought me to the Linux Assembly HOWTO at:

http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/Assembly-HOWTO.html#S-ASSEM

Which says: "GAS is the GNU Assembler, that GCC relies upon...." "GAS
also has GASP (GAS Preprocessor), which adds all the usual
macroassembly tricks to GAS. GASP comes together with GAS in the GNU
binutils archive. It works as a filter, like CPP and M4. I have no
idea on details, but it comes with its own texinfo documentation,
which you would like to browse (info gasp), print, grok. GAS with
GASP looks like a regular macro-assembler to me."

Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC
http://www.tedroche.com