Gasp. Am I getting old and stupid?

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Fri Jul 7 12:27:01 EDT 2006

On Friday, Jul 7th 2006 at 10:51 -0400, quoth Ted Roche:

=>On Jul 7, 2006, at 9:29 AM, Steven W. Orr wrote:
=>
=>> Does anyone know what else gasp used to provide that's not here?
=>
=>Googling brought me to the Linux Assembly HOWTO at:
=>
=>http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/Assembly-HOWTO.html#S-ASSEM
=>
=>Which says: "GAS is the GNU Assembler, that GCC relies upon...." "GAS also has
=>GASP (GAS Preprocessor), which adds all the usual macroassembly tricks to GAS.
=>GASP comes together with GAS in the GNU binutils archive. It works as a
=>filter, like CPP and M4. I have no idea on details, but it comes with its own
=>texinfo documentation, which you would like to browse (info gasp), print,
=>grok. GAS with GASP looks like a regular macro-assembler to me."
=>
=>
=>Ted Roche
=>Ted Roche & Associates, LLC