Stupid question regarding Thunderbird and IMAP

Dan Jenkins dan at rastech.com
Wed Jul 26 22:33:01 EDT 2006

Fred wrote:

>Any suggestions? Am I missing something glaringly obvious? Or is there a real
>issue with Thunderbird (and Seamonkey and Mozilla and SquirrelMail)?

As John Abreau said, make sure you are using Maildir folders, not mbox.
All of those email clients work fine with IMAP for us, though we use
Courier for IMAP, which only does Maildir.
I do have some issues, but it is with Outlook's handling of IMAP, not
the mail server.
I had serious problems with subfolders when we still used mbox mailboxes
under wu-imap.
I looked at Dovecot, but never got the time to evaluate it fully. I
didn't encounter any problems with subfolders, but again, we tested with
Maildir.

--
Dan Jenkins (dan at rastech.com)
Rastech Inc., Bedford, NH, USA --- 1-603-206-9951