Speed of Java

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Mon Jun 5 12:07:01 EDT 2006

"Ben Scott" <dragonhawk at gmail.com> writes:

> On 6/5/06, Kevin D. Clark <kclark at mtghouse.com> wrote:
>> It is also very possible that JVM's that run on Windows are more
>> efficient than those that you typically see under Linux ...
>
>   My personal experience is that the Sun Java VM is just as slow under
> Windows as it is under Linux, so I don't think that's it.

We use the IBM JVm for our development of a distributed systems
application, and, while I'm not one of the developers, I've not heard
them complain about it being slow.  Actually, the reason we use the
IBM JVM is specifically because it's faster than the Sun JVM.

This is all on Debian, btw.

--
Seeya,
Paul