Speed of Java

John Abreau jabr at blu.org
Mon Jun 5 12:47:02 EDT 2006

Paul Lussier wrote:

> We use the IBM JVm for our development of a distributed systems
> application, and, while I'm not one of the developers, I've not heard
> them complain about it being slow.  Actually, the reason we use the
> IBM JVM is specifically because it's faster than the Sun JVM.
>
> This is all on Debian, btw.

Last time I looked at IBM Jikes, which was a long time ago, it was
still based on Java 1.1.x. Is that still the case?  If so, aren't
there version compatibility issues when using third-party java code
that was written in the context of 1.4.x or 1.5.x?

ICQ 28611923 / AIM abreauj / JABBER jabr at jabber.org / YAHOO abreauj
Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9