Friday afternoon hardware questions

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 17:01:02 EDT 2006

On 6/23/06, Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com> wrote:
> I'm thinking of something like an equipment rack, except it only needs
> to be 7" or so wide, with a power strip down one back side and shelves
> spaced for the typical external 5.25" case.

  You might be able to adapt an old external SCSI enclosure for the
task.  Many of them were about that wide.

  For that matter, if you don't need to keep the drives individually
enclosed, you could probably put them all inside one such enclosure.
Rip out the SCSI innards, and put in whatever USB/FireWire/etc hubs
inside.  Power it all off the old PSU.

-- Ben "I miss SCSI" Scott