PVR-350/ivtv

travis at scootz.net travis at scootz.net
Fri Mar 24 10:13:00 EST 2006

So I finally got around to getting my PVR-350 card working under Ubuntu.
It was rather painless.

But I'm used to the old WinTV cards and using xawtv. Since this uses ivtv
xawtv doesn't work.

I can use the perl/tk program to control the channel, and VLC to watch it,
but there is a delay do to the encoding/decoding of the stream.

Since I don't need to change the channel much becuase of my setup at home
(I have a modulator that runs the whole house, TiVo on channel 60, normal
receiver on channel 70). But when I use the remote for my TiVo with the IR
repeater, there is a noticable lag that I don't get from a normal TV, or
when I used to use my old WinTV card.

Anybody else experience this? know of any fixes?