CentraLUG, Monday April 3: David Berube on Extracting Content from MSOffice

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Mon Mar 27 16:17:00 EST 2006

Presentation April 3, 2006
Monday, 7pm at NHTI

The monthly meeting of CentraLUG, the Concord/Central New Hampshire
chapter of the Greater New Hampshire Linux Users Group, occurs on the
first Monday of each month on the New Hampshire Institute Campus
starting at 7 PM. This month, we'll be meeting in Room 146 of the
Library/Learning Center/Bookstore, http://www.nhti.net/nhtimap.pdf ,
marked as "I" on that map. Directions and maps are available on the
NHTI site at http://www.nhti.edu. Open to the public. Free admission.
Tell your friends.

This month's meeting will feature David Berube of http://
www.berubeconsulting.com presenting techniques to extract content
from MS Office documents. From David:

"Microsoft Office documents are ubiquitous. However, the Microsoft
Office suite is not available for all platforms and comes with a
prohibitive cost attached to it. While a variety of open source
readers are available to read the MS Office suite formats, you can’t
always count on the user having installed one these readers. On the
other hand, PDF viewers are common, freely available, and have a much
smaller footprint than an office suite. This presentation will show
you how to programatically convert Word and Excel documents into PDF,
using open source tools and PHP."

Should be a great presentation! Tell your friends! Tell your co-workers!

More details at about the group are available at http://www.gnhlug.org.

Hope to see you there!