car box

Drew Van Zandt drew.vanzandt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 15:27:00 EST 2006

http://www.mini-box.com/s.nl/sc.8/category.12/.f

Unfortunately, the m-100 is *just* too wide to fit in a standard stereo slot.

ext2 noatime,sync is recommended for compactflash filesystems, I
think... I've found CF cards to vary wildly for performance, a 512MB I
have is achingly slow compared to a 256MB that's officially rated as
slower.  Haven't figured that one out yet...

I would think if you used someting Knoppix-like you could have pretty
much everything you wanted on the CF, except the music... spin the
hard drive up only to load the next 5 mp3's or so from the playlist
into RAM.  Ideally you'd add an accelerometer so you knew not to spin
it up during jouncing, of course.

There are also things like the StompBox, but the CPUs are a bit slow
for my tastes...

--DTVZ