[NLC] Drip Dry Phone

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Mon May 1 10:03:01 EDT 2006

On Mon, May 1, 2006 8:50 am, Jim Kuzdrall wrote:

> But I actually like playing with Linux and computers more now days.
> (See, I brought the discussion back on topic.)

And back to the semi-off-topic original topic: I spilled milk (milk!) on
my notebook's keyboard at work.  D'oh!  An immediate rinse with
fab-quality isopropyl alcohol did the trick.  (Sadly, the notebook that
this one had replaced underwent an apple cider bath, and I didn't have any
IPA on-hand.  An hours-later soak/rinse was of no avail.  And, yes, I'd
previously gone for some 20-odd years without spilling anything on any
computers.  Then, in six months' time... ah, well.)

I thought about distilled water, but decided I preferred IPA over
distilled water because
a) distilled water can become... un-distilled (though, if used in
sufficient quantity, that would be irrelevant), and
b) alcohol dries faster -- especially the super distilled stuff.

-Ken