LDAP from scratch.

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Wed May 10 13:53:01 EDT 2006

"Ken D'Ambrosio" <ken at proximatech.net> writes:

> Is there, somewhere, a list of what things like (say) inetOrgPerson
> actually *are*?  And, perhaps, a good subset of appropriate DNs for an
> install that's going to replace NIS?

I found actually digging into the schema which ship with openLDAP to
be very helpful.  To the point where I needed something that was
defined as "top level thingie" to be a "secondary level thingie" and
was able to easily change it after looking at the rest of the code in
the schema.  Eventually I was even able to define my own schema which
inherited from several of the other standard ones.

I might still have this code somewhere, if you get stuck and want to
try and revive those brain cells, let me know, I'll be happy to do so :)
--
Seeya,
Paul