Linux Wireless

Jerry Feldman gerald.feldman at hp.com
Mon May 15 09:21:01 EDT 2006

On Saturday 13 May 2006 7:53 am, Thomas M. Albright wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good wireless card for my laptop? It's an IBM
> A21m running Fedora Core release 3. I'm currently using a Lucent
> Technologies Orinoco Gold, but it's kinda bent since my laptop fell off
> the table and landed on edge on the card. I'd like something I can
> pickup instead of mailorder.
Stay away from Belkin.
Apparently they are using several different versions of the Broadcom chip,
and ndisdriver does not work with all of them.

I can't recommend one since I now have a builtin.
Note that the Broadcom chips are currently very popular, but the native
Linux driver is not soup yet, so you would need to use the Windows driver
with ndiswrapper.
--
Jerry Feldman <gerald.feldman at hp.com>
Linux Expertise Center (PTAC-MA/TX)