Streaming media

kenta kenta at guster.net
Fri Nov 3 13:28:04 EST 2006

I've used Apache::MP3 when i was looking into this for that band I am such
a big fan of.  Of course due to bandwidth limitations from my host I
never bothered to try it out for general consumption.

I still had the entry in my httpd.conf under my virtual host (locally, not
on the main server).  Basically I added this:

<Directory /home/kenta/public_html/stream>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler Apache::MP3
    PerlSetVar  AllowDownload     no
    PerlSetVar  AllowStream       yes
    PerlSetVar  CheckStreamClient yes
</Directory>

Stick all the mp3's in the Directory and bam... No problems.
Stream-o-matic.

PS - What was your work address again?  I need to send that letter to the RIAA >:)

-Kenta