Streaming media

Marc Nozell marc at nozell.com
Sun Nov 5 20:45:05 EST 2006

> On Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Travis Roy wrote:
> >Okay, this should be easier, I think I'm doing something wrong.
> >I'm trying to setup an internal streaming music server in our office.
> >
> >I want it to take the MP3s from the server and then users can connect to
> >that server via XMMS/WinAmp/iTunes and listen to tunes.
> >
> >I would like to have different types of music for different streams.

How about running mt-daap on the server with the mp3s and let people
choose their own music?  I don't know about XMMS/WinAmp, but iTunes
and Rhythmbox will play music shared that way.  The doc says it can
advertise shoutcast streams and supports dynamic playlists.

See http://www.mt-daapd.org or apt-get it from debian/testing.

-marc
--
Marc Nozell <marc at nozell.com>		http://www.nozell.com/blog