XML quote Re: Meeting Notes: SLUG Mon 14 Nov - Google Earth and everything else

Kevin D. Clark kclark at elbrysnetworks.com
Tue Nov 14 09:09:54 EST 2006

"Bill Ricker" <bill.n1vux at gmail.com> writes:

>>   "XML is for people who don't understand Scheme."  (not my quote,
>> that just seems like such good flamewar fodder that I had to pass it
>> along)
>
> There's nothing new under the sun. Each generation thinks they
> invented sex and fast square root algorithms.
>
> I've said for years, if LISP stands for Lots of Invidious Silly
> Parentheses,   ><ML has twice as many bent-til-they-snapped brackets
> and usesancient  ENDIF syntax, as if syntax-aware editors couldn't
> handle closing-brace-match.

I agree with this all 100%.  XML is just another markup language for
me.  Earlier in my career ASN.1 and BER-encoding were my bread and
butter.  Nowadays XML has more popularity (probably deservedly so).

Regards,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E              Never could stand that dog.
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                   -- Tom Waits