FiOS/networking question

Dan Jenkins dan at rastech.com
Sun Nov 19 16:54:24 EST 2006

Bruce Dawson wrote:

>Am I getting the Linksys firmware confused with OpenWRT - where you have
>to set a special mode to be an Access Point? Or am I losing it again?

The Linksys firmware for the WRT54G does not allow use as an Access
Point. Other firmware, such as OpenWRT, WRT-DD or others, does allow use
as an Access Point. I've bought about a dozen WRT54GL's so far and
replaced their firmware for that purpose.

--
Dan Jenkins (dan at rastech.com)
Rastech Inc., Bedford, NH, USA --- 1-603-206-9951