Traveling with a big file

Tech Writer TechWtr at handspun.com
Thu Nov 30 12:20:25 EST 2006

I'm trying to physically carry a large (4.5GB) iso file from home, over to a
coworker's office.  Although I can burn the image back to a DVD, I get an
error that the file is too large when I try a straight copy to the DVD.  So,
I hooked up a FIRELITE usb disk, and did a copy to a directory there.  I
tried this twice, but each time, after 4GB were copied, I got a file size
error (the file is too large).

Does anyone know if this is a problem with settings on the FIRELITE usb
disk, or somewhere else?  I'm using SLES-10, and a "cp" command.  I'm also
wondering if I might be better off just making the DVD, and re-converting it
to an ISO file when I get there.

Peg