Latest shenanigans with rcn

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Mon Sep 4 14:12:02 EDT 2006

I pay an extra $20/month for what they call a static IP address. It's
still served up via dhcp and the address comes from their dynamic address
pool, but it doesn't change. The real reason for getting it though is so
that they open up incoming 80 and outgoing 25.

Recenetly I noticed that they are throttling my outbound mail. I'm getting
400 series codes saying 'Too many connections.' The queue will process
after about 20 minutes. I have a list of large domains who will not accept
mail from me because myu address is coming from a dynamic address pool, so
those domains have to route through RCN's server.

I have a trouble ticket in with them. We shall see. :-(

steveo at syslang.net