missing GNHLUG mail/GMail/SpamCop/SpamAssassin

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Tue Sep 12 10:38:01 EDT 2006

On Sep 11, 2006, at 13:00, Seth Cohn wrote:

> Spamcop, like most of the anti-spam trackers, have ended up on
> the wrong side of cautious, and blacklist sites for the most minor of
> infractions.

While figuring out what was happening with this, I found someone state
a useful way of thinking about this: "Spamcop just tells you whether a
machine is sending spam or not - what you decide to do with it is up to
you."

So, I've decided not to use SpamCop as a blacklist, just as a minor
score incrementer and will be ignoring its opinion of large mailers.
Same goes for rfc-ignorant.org BL's; yeah, Yahoo! ignores abuse and
postmaster mail.  But I simply can't throw all mail from Yahoo! users
in the Junk folder.  Still, it's useful information for unknown
domains.

-Bill

-----
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/