CD/DVD/ISO images, readcd adding extra bytes at EOF?

Python python at venix.com
Tue Sep 19 09:26:01 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 07:42 -0400, Ben Scott wrote:
>   Anyone know what that extra 30 KB or so at the end of the readcd
> image is, and why this happens?  Is there a way to have produce an
> image without extra stuff at the end of it?

My FC3 X-CD-Roast includes a pad-track option that is on by default.
Apparently it is needed when burning .wav audio tracks.  When pad-track
is off, an exact image is written.

FC5 has a much simpler interface for burning media.  It appears to burn
without padding by default.  (I just checked my puppyOS CD against the
downloaded iso)

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp