OT: Looking for a kidney donor.

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Wed Sep 27 13:04:00 EDT 2006

On Sep 26, 2006, at 11:59, Steven W. Orr wrote:

> We need a person of Type O who is healthy. Our
> insurance will cover all costs and there is no change in quality of
> life
> for the donor. Even the surgery for the donor is simple. In almost all
> cases the process is laproscopic.

To expand: my sister-in-law just donated a kidney to my father-in-law a
couple weeks ago.  The surgery was about 6 hours, start to finish (for
her - live transplant is apparently hard to do on a strict schedule).
There was significant pain for about a week, so they gave her some
"good" patches which took the edge off.  Two weeks on she's
asymptomatic and back to the daily grind.

Not a bad bargain for saving somebody's life.

-Bill (AB-, favors opt-out organ donation laws)

-----
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/

For fastest support contact, please follow:
http://bfccomputing.com/support_contact.html