OT: Looking for a kidney donor.

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Wed Sep 27 13:58:01 EDT 2006

On Wednesday, Sep 27th 2006 at 13:03 -0400, quoth Bill McGonigle:

=>On Sep 26, 2006, at 11:59, Steven W. Orr wrote:
=>
=>> We need a person of Type O who is healthy. Our
=>> insurance will cover all costs and there is no change in quality of life
=>> for the donor. Even the surgery for the donor is simple. In almost all
=>> cases the process is laproscopic.
=>
=>To expand: my sister-in-law just donated a kidney to my father-in-law a couple
=>weeks ago.  The surgery was about 6 hours, start to finish (for her - live
=>transplant is apparently hard to do on a strict schedule).  There was
=>significant pain for about a week, so they gave her some "good" patches which
=>took the edge off.  Two weeks on she's asymptomatic and back to the daily
=>grind.
=>
=>Not a bad bargain for saving somebody's life.
=>
=>-Bill (AB-, favors opt-out organ donation laws)

Not bad at all.

I ran into this one and thought you'd enjoy.

I spoke with a neighbor last night who wanted to donate.
Both he and his wife are the wrong type. But the interesting thing is that
she was born with four kidneys. It's really rare but she's got two sets of
waterworks.