Hey, procmail gurus

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Sun Apr 1 15:32:35 EDT 2007

Bill Freeman <f at ke1g.mv.com> writes:

> Kevin D. Clark writes:
>  >
>  > How about this recipe?  (two, actually)
>  > (not entirely tested...)
>
> [ Here Kevin provides a bunch of stuff that looks like line noise.
> Not as bad as Teco, but still line noise. ]

IMO, it's bad form to criticize others who are trying to help you for
your own inadequacies.  Just because you can't read it, or don't like
it is no reason to be rude.

> Thanks.  perl hurts my eyes, but I'll see if I can understand it
> well enough to think that I could enhance it to my desired final
> level.

If you thought *that* was painful, I'm shocked you can look at any
kind of source code.  That perl was not only crystal clear, but no
worse than any python I've ever seen.

The only thing in that e-mail resembling line-noise imo, was this:

  # Bill wants to delete mail that has >15 responses
  :0w:
  /dev/null

And that's not perl, that's procmail, and also clear as day.

--
Seeya,
Paul