IPv6 and IPv4 - how to shut off IPv6?

Bruce Labitt bruce.labitt at verizon.net
Sun Apr 1 15:48:34 EDT 2007

As a result of the mythfest install, my computer was setup with FC6.
I'm unfamiliar with gnome and most of the tools.  My connections to the
outside world are excruciatingly slow.  (Connection to google takes
minutes, other computers on the same network, seconds.)  I do know that
my router does not like to pass through IPv6 info, so I am suspecting
something like this.

Are there some tools I can use to determine what is actually happening?
Firewall or traffic analysis?  If someone could show some sort usage it
would be greatly appreciated.

TIA