Problems copying a DVD

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Mon Apr 9 09:46:47 EDT 2007

I'm running k3b-1.0.0-0.rc6.1 on Core 4 and I installed everthing that k3b
told me to. When I start it, it comes up with no configuration complaints.
I directed it to use a temp directory big enough to hold the dvd. When I
started the ripping process it read the dvd onto disk to give me an ISO
file.  The problem is that the DVD I'm copying lands on my disk as
7944501248bytes which I'm guessing is bigger than the 8.5gig that the
double layer DVD I bought will hold. Is there a trick to this? I'm sure
this is a beginner question, but that's where I'm at. :-(

Thanks guys.

steveo at syslang.net