Home Audio

Gary Kaufman garyekaufman at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 9 16:40:28 EDT 2007

> I've never had problem mixing home and pro gear....
> Jared

I'm a tube person, and primarily deal with vintage
stuff.  The older Pro gear is hard to beat.

My main audio system is built around a pair of Altec
Lansing A-5 Voice of the Theater speakers (15" horn
loaded woofer, 15 cell horn).  Incredibly efficient, I
drive them with a pair of home-built single ended
triode amps, around 6-8 watts/channel.  Although they
do have a strong personality, they will create a more
realistic concert experience than anything else I've
ever tried.  I hope to eventually use it as the front
channel for my MythTV system.

The downside is that they have a pretty low wife
acceptance factor and took two of us to hoist each one
up the back stairs.

At least they are open source :)

http://www.the-planet.org

- Gary