[OT] Vista Upgrade 'promotion'

Thomas Charron twaffle at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 17:50:11 EDT 2007

  I figured you all might find this humorous.  Fun with out of the
country customer support:

From: Microsoft Upgrade Center

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your interest in the Upgrade Redemption Program.
Shipping timelines vary by manufacturer.  You should receive your
Microsoft Windows Vista or Microsoft Office Vista software within 4-6
weeks.
Regards,
The Upgrade Redemption Center

From: Thomas Charron <twaffle at gmail.com>

 And these messages are obviously being sent from the past.
Congratulations on creating the worlds first email time machine.  Now,
could you forward the time machine back to present day, and tell me
why over 8 weeks ago you said 8 weeks, then 4 weeks later, said 6-8
weeks, then 4 weeks after THAT, said 4-6 weeks.  Based on this sort of
math, I can assume that 4 weeks from now, I shall be told 2-4 weeks.
Another month later, 1-2 weeks, a month after that, 2-4 days.  Yet
another month, 1-2 days.  A month later, 6-12 hours, a month later,
3-6 hours, another month, 1-3 hours.

 So basically what you are saying is that 8 months from now, I should
receive my free upgrade copy of Windows Vista 'any minute now'.

From: Microsoft Upgrade Center

Dear Customer,

Thank you for submitting your order to upgrade your Microsoft(r) Product.

Your order has been shipped.  You should receive your order within 4
to 6 weeks.  If you do not receive your order, please contact us via
email <MSTUPVISTANA at moduslink.com> or phone <800-817-5602>.

--
-- Thomas