mythtv continued...

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Apr 15 18:29:40 EDT 2007

On Sunday 15 April 2007 14:05:14 Bruce Labitt wrote:
> OK, so I can now see my tuners.  And TV.  Thanks Ben and Jarod!  Couple
> of loose ends to tie up.
>
> The first is sound.  A couple of days ago I played with sound and was
> able to get the SPDIF output to play through my receiver.  Just now I
> tried to get sound from myth, but I have silence :(  If I try to run the
> sound utility now, I get no sound.  (myth is recording a session!)  At
> boot time I notice that ALSA has a problem - probably my hardware?  What
> should I look for?

See my reply to the other reply in this thread.

Oh, and what sort of "problem" are you observing at boot time?

> The second is the remote.  I have a streamzap and was able to find the
> lirc.conf file for it.  I don't know how, or where to place the file so
> that lirc can find it.  The lirc pages assume you build it yourself.
> They say it will ask you for these extra files when it is run the first
> time.  When I downloaded lirc from the yum repository and run it it
> doesn't ask for the configuration file.  Any help would be appreciated!

It should be /etc/lircd.conf. Then you'll need a file /home/<username>/.lircrc
(or /home/<username>/.mythtv/lircrc, and/or symlink the two together) that
maps the remote presses to functions and/or keyboard key presses to send to
the apps you're trying to control.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com