mythtv / PVR-150 / lirc

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Fri Apr 27 14:26:34 EDT 2007

Bill McGonigle wrote:
> I'm curious if anybody here is using a PVR-150 with its built-in IR
> receiver.  I'm trying to load the lirc_i2c driver, but all I get is:

I have the PVR-150. Mine came with a IR receiver/remote pair that looked
very much like the MSFT MCE remote. The receiver plugs into a USB port.
There was also a device I didn't mess with, a small plastic button with
a long cord that plugged directly into the PVR-150. I'm pretty sure this
is an "IR blaster" for sending IR to a cable box rather than receiving it.

modprobe.conf:

alias eth0 e100
alias eth1 orinoco_pci
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
options snd-card-0 index=0
options snd-intel8x0 index=0
remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0 >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ;
}; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0

# Added infrared controller device
alias char-major-61 lirc_mceusb2

[mythtv at mythfrontend ~]$ dmesg|grep lirc
lirc_dev: no version for "struct_module" found: kernel tainted.
lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
lirc_mceusb2: Philips eHome USB IR Transciever and Microsoft MCE 2005
Remote Control driver for LIRC v0.26
lirc_mceusb2: Daniel Melander <lirc at rajidae.se>, Martin Blatter
<martin_a_blatter at yahoo.com>
lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 0
lirc_mceusb2[2]: SMK eHome Infrared Transceiver on usb5:2
usbcore: registered new driver lirc_mceusb2

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC