mythtv / PVR-150 / lirc

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Fri Apr 27 16:49:48 EDT 2007

On Apr 27, 2007, at 13:44, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> Hrm. I presume you get those because of 'options lirc_i2c debug=1',
> since I
> have no such thing in my logs...

Right.

> I don't have the exact same card, but none of the other bits should be
> necessary anymore... Unless you have some new-fangled version of
> the PVR-150
> that ivtv/lirc don't fully know about yet. :(

In this case my chronic behind-on-projects works out - this PVR-150
is almost a year old, so it predates the not-a-150-in-a-150-box
fiasco.  I'm not sure if it's relevant, but ivtv says:

   ivtv0: Autodetected Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250

> Not a clue what's going on here. I take it you've tried running irw
> and
> pushing keys on the remote, and nada? (just making sure those
> messages aren't
> a red herring).

Right, sorry, I should have mentioned this - I get a /dev/lircd but
no /dev/lirc/0, hence nothing for irw to attach to. :(

On Apr 27, 2007, at 14:26, Ted Roche wrote:

> I have the PVR-150. Mine came with a IR receiver/remote pair that
> looked
> very much like the MSFT MCE remote. The receiver plugs into a USB
> port.
> There was also a device I didn't mess with, a small plastic button
> with
> a long cord that plugged directly into the PVR-150. I'm pretty sure
> this
> is an "IR blaster" for sending IR to a cable box rather than
> receiving it.

OK, that's handy to know.  I've got a two-headed cable that plugs
into the back of the card, one blaster and one receiver.  I'm sure
having multiple flavors of each "model" is at least part of what
makes Google searches so interesting.

If I didn't need the blaster, I'd just go buy one of those neat tri-
axis accelerometer remotes. :)

Thanks,
-Bill

-----