VoIP <--> PSTN provider recommendations

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Fri Dec 7 20:17:23 EST 2007

On Dec 6, 2007, at 18:57, VirginSnow at vfemail.net wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with good providers?  Any providers
> (besides NuFone) I should steer clear of?

I'm using Junction Networks and Les.NET.

Junction Networks has local DID's (or their partner does anyway) and
multiple inbound channels. Transferring was smooth.  No problems at
all with them.

Les.NET has better rates and is slightly less reliable.  They seem to
be scaling up lately.  Run by a guy in Canada, though the servers are
in VA.  None of that seems to matter.  I use him for outbound, and
fail over to Junction if needed.  Both support IAX and SIP.

I think all DID's have a small monthly fee, but most of my cost is
per-minute charges.  I believe each might have a flat-rate program,
but I'm a believer in metered usage.

I've heard that Broadvoice used to be great and got bought and is now
abusive towards their customers.  Google knows more than I do.

-Bill

-----
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/