Evolution sucks??

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Tue Feb 13 17:50:56 EST 2007

On Feb 13, 2007, at 17:22, Kevin D. Clark wrote:

> Doesn't Paul's example presume that the script has direct filesystem
> access to the mail/files that are about to be deleted?

It does - procmail usually does have that r/w access to your mail
store (though you can pipe/forward in some configurations) - but I'm
not sure what that has to do with IMAP.  I get all my mail delivered
though some very nasty procmail scripts I'd probably be to
embarrassed to show somebody which wind up in a Maildir/ (don't
forget the slash).  From there I look at/sort them via Dovecot IMAP
with AppleMail, SquirrelMail, ChatterEmail or Thunderbird, depending
on where I am.

-Bill

-----
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/