More on MP3 and open formats

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Mon Feb 26 18:45:12 EST 2007

other formats, I believe that is what I am going to do. I'll rip to FLAC
and store the results on one of my PCs or possibly even burn them to
DVD+R DL discs. Then, I'll convert the FLACs to Ogg when needed for
greater file transportability.

I'm already planing a nice utility for managing all of that, too.

I'll see how using one of my PCs as a file server works for playing
music on my LAN. It worked pretty well with MP3s, but FLACs are a bit
bigger.

I like the hardware support that FLAC seems to have. I'm going to have
to get a Phatbox for my car! ;)