CD/DVD writer woes

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 13:27:47 EST 2007

On 1/19/07, Jeffry Smith <jsmith at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> Oh, and I'm certain Jorg hasn't helped with his "I know the best way
> to talk to the HW - even if no one else does - Linux, BSD, etc should
> change to my way of doing things" attitude.

  Indeed.  What's worse is that he had *some* good points (not
everything he said was good, but some of it was) about deficiencies in
the Linux SCSI subsystem, and how to fix them, but he was such an
asshole about it that many others resist(ed) those improvements just
because he suggested them.  That escalated into a deadlocked flamewar,
and Jorg and the rest of the Linux community have basically parted
ways at this point.  While I hate to see someone with his depth of
knowledge and experience go, I suspect it's for the best.  Better a
slightly less expert person/team who are actually interested in making
progress.

-- Ben