Does GNHLUG need Internet-enabled calendars?

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Fri Jan 19 15:35:37 EST 2007

On Jan 19, 2007, at 2:06 PM, Seth Cohn wrote:

> I have to strongly disagree.  IMHO, a php/sql app is usually very easy
> to make minor tweaks to, and runs smoothly with clear errors (for
> example).  I've _never_ seen a web java setup do the same or been easy
> to customize.

All right, you two. No religious arguments here. If Bill is willing
to install, configure and maintain the application, we'll consider
Java. If you're willing to do it, we'll go PHP. If the Ruby SIG folks
have some ideas, go for it. If Mr. Sconce wants to do it, Python; Mr.
Freeman, emacs.

Let's first figure out which we want and then evaluate platforms on
features, maturity, maintainability and reliability.

Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC
http://www.tedroche.com