PVR-150 (1042, 1045, 1062)?

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Sat Jan 20 15:16:25 EST 2007

"Adam (gnhlug)" <gnhlug at thehelblings.com> writes:

> I'm shopping for a tuner card, and I thought I would start off with a more
> basic one. Last night we saw the Hauppauge PVR-150 that had a remote and
> what appeared to be a spectacular IR (booster?).

As someone who wishes he could have been there, and is also planning
to build a MythTV rig, I'm curious why you're interested in the
PVR-150.  Is it the price? Is it the bundled remote/IR thingy?

I was considering going with the PVR-350, since it's both an encoder
and decoder.  The price (around $150 or so) seems more than reasonable
for 2 tuner/encoders with an on-board decoder as well.  This would
allow you to build a pretty decent setup on otherwise very modest
hardware which would allow for both the recording of multiple,
simultaneous shows, or the simultaneous recording/viewing of shows.

Or did I miss something?

--
Seeya,
Paul