Does GNHLUG need Internet-enabled calendars?

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Tue Jan 23 08:42:45 EST 2007

On Jan 18, 2007, at 1:32 PM, Ben Scott wrote:

> - Automatically know when regular meetings are
> - Allow special events to be entered, too
> - Let local group coordinators fill in the details for each event

It seems like all of the packages proposed will do that.

> - Auto update the web page with the upcoming events

and this one.

> - Auto email local group coordinatorss if they haven't filled in
> details on time
> - Auto generate a monthly announcement mailing with the upcoming
> events

This is a different thing. I haven't seen a Nag-o-LUG-a-matic that
will do these two. For the first, I have a set of reminders in the
desktop calendar I use.

For the second, I keep a template at http://wiki.gnhlug.org/twiki2/
bin/view/Organizational/MeetingAnnouncements. I can't fill in the
announcement exactly, as something always changes: the date could be
automated, but changes of locations, special instructions or other
interesting info has to be filled in manually. But the format is a
timesaver!

Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC
http://www.tedroche.com