[Fwd: don't we all just love vista?]

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 21:35:58 EST 2007

On 1/24/07, Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com> wrote:
> Who wants to lay odds as to whether this will be 'fixed' via Vista
> SP1 once the ink is dry on whatever contracts Microsoft is trying to
> get done with Hollywood?

  I doubt that will happen.  The media cartels would see that as a
broken copy restriction mechanism, and block playback of their future
releases on it.  Like they did when that CSS key got found in
someone's software distribution.  Besides which, remember, Microsoft
wants to be in the market of media distribution now, so they like the
idea of copy restrictions.  Microsoft and the media cartels, it's like
a match made in heaven.  Or hell, more likely.

-- Ben