BarCampManchester 7/28

Bill Sconce sconce at in-spec-inc.com
Sat Jul 7 12:35:43 EDT 2007

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 20:38:55 -0400
Alex Hewitt <hewitt_tech at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 11:25 -0400, Ted Roche wrote:
> > kenta wrote:
> > > Anyone here attending BarCampManchester (http://barcampmanchester.org/) or
> > > maybe previously attended one of these events?
> >
> > I thought Alex Hewitt reported back about the past Bar Camp at Amoskeag
> > Business Incubator in Manchester, but I don't seem to find it in the
> > archives. He thought it was worthwhile.
> >

> Bill Sconce and I attended the Manchester Bar Camp at the Amoskeag
> Business Incubator. I had an office there so I provided some of the
> wireless access. Bill actually had time to participate in at least a
> couple of sessions and I think the attendees had a good time.
>
> -Alex

It was even better than that.  In spite of the "un" moniker it came off
as better organized than some "real" conferences.  There was a lot of
really good material, too, from free software at NPR to Ruby on Rails.

The next one could yield different mileage, of course, but the one at
ABI was very much worth the trip.

-Bill