Used Laptop Source

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Wed Jul 18 10:27:29 EDT 2007

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:49:32 -0400
Ed lawson <elawson at grizzy.com> wrote:

> I know there are innumerable places on the web selling used/refurbished
> gear, but just thought I would mention this one since I had good luck
> with them.  Ordered a T30 with 256M and 60G and DVD for $285 with no OS.
> Unit came in a shipping box made for laptops and unit was pristine.
> Much better than expected.  BTW, the T30 is very Linux friendly.
> Installed Debian Etch and stuff just worked out of the box.
>
> Anyway, company is  Discount PC International
> http://www.discountpc.net

Double check your warranties. In the past I had purchased a couple of
refurbished Compaqs from the Compaq Factory Store and not only had no
problems (attributable to Compaq), but the full factory warranties were
in effect.  You've got to be careful of refurbished products, but there
are some dealers who provide factory refurbished units.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group