Opinions about LaCie wanted

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 19:24:09 EDT 2007

On 6/5/07, Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com> wrote:
> I used to think it was because they were poorly ventilated, but the
> Google paper seems to indicate that's not really the problem we were
> lead to think it was.

  Don't they use the same hard drives everybody else does, i.e.,
Seagate, WDC, Maxtor, Hitachi/IBM, etc.?  They don't make their own
HDs, do they?  If so, the differences between La Cie and
$OTHER_RANDOM_VENDOR would be mainly in the enclosure design and
bridge electronics, yes?  (As far as the product itself goes.
Support, price, etc., still apply.)

-- Ben